Popularly known as the Sunshine State, Florida is full of white sand beaches,vibrant nightlifeand landscapes perfect for a romantic getaway. Take advantage of these popular hangouts and activities for you and your partner.
Are you and your sweetheart getting ready for an unforgettable romantic getaway in Florida? This guide lists some of the state's top LGBTQ favorites.
Florida romantic hotels and resorts
Whether you prefer a private beach, luxurious spa treatments or a suite within walking distance of some of Florida's best nightclubs, you can't go wrong with these resorts.
Resort em Little Palm Island
28500 Overseas Hwy, Little Torch Key, FL 33042
If you love the hustle and bustle of the Florida Keys but want a quiet getaway for the night, book a suite atResort em Little Palm Island. Located on a private beach, Little Palm is accessible only by seaplane or boat. There is a Balinese-style indoor pool, palm-fringed shores, a tropical bar with delicious cocktails or a luxurious spa treatment.
Would you like to disconnect from society while still enjoying time with your special someone? You won't find a TV or telephone in your suite; The only thing you will hear is the gentle lapping of the waves and the chirping of birds outside your window.
Little Torch Key is also a chartered hangout, perfect for beachside picnics and sunset watching.
Casa Monica Resort & Spa
Rua Cordova, 25, St. Augustine, FL 32084
The hotel is located in the historic district of St. AugustineCasa Monica Resort and SpaIt is a charming Moroccan-style resort and private beach club. The resort offers an LGBTQ Pride and Joy package with welcome champagne, breakfast in bed and delicious chocolates.
Art lovers will love the Grand Bohemian Gallery, which features stunning works of art by local and international artists. After a long day of sightseeing, enjoy a bite to eat in the Costa Brava's Mediterranean-style restaurant.
Steeped in history, St. Augustine is full of romantic pursuits: take an Old Town Trolley ride, take a harbor cruise, visit a love tree or venture into nature on a bike tour.
The Henderson Park Inn
2700 Scenic Highway, Destin, FL 32541
Destin may not be your first choice when planning romantic Florida getaways. However, this picturesque island has a lot to offer, includingThe Henderson Park Inn, a mansion-style resort with breathtaking ocean views.
For couples looking to spice things up, the Henderson's Romance package welcomes you to your suite (which comes complete with a gorgeous private oceanfront balcony) with rose petals and champagne. Meanwhile, a Toes in the Sand reservation at the Beach Walk Cafe allows foodie couples to enjoy an intimate seafood dinner on the beach.
Other romantic getaways around Destin include helicopter rides over the ocean, sunset cruises, Gulf-view dining and leisurely walks along the Henderson Beach State Park Nature Trail.
Grand Florida Resort & Spa da Disney
4401 Florida Way, Lake Buenavista, FL 32830
Book a room inResort e Spa da Disneyif your idea of a romantic getaway is from one theme park to another. With the Magic Kingdom just a monorail away, you can enjoy roller coasters, live shows and your favorite Disney characters.
Die-hard Disney fans should book an exterior room, which offers spectacular, uninterrupted views of Cinderella Castle. For a romantic touch, toast with a glass of champagne at Enchanted Rose or enjoy a Mediterranean meal at Citricos.
Cheeca Lodge & Spa
81801 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036
For couples passionate about photography, theCheeca Lodge e Spaoffers 27 acres of pristine tropical vegetation and over 1,000 feet of white sandy beaches to the 'Gram. This Florida Keys lodging option also features a 500-foot fishing dock, seven spa treatment rooms, three indoor and outdoor heated pools, and a state-of-the-art Xbox arcade.
Cheeca is also one of the most romantic places for foodies. Cheeca's three restaurants and two open-air bars offer homemade pizza, an extensive wine tasting menu and authentic sushi.
If you venture to Islamorada, visit some of its unique attractions, including the Florida Keys Brewing Company, the Diving History Museum and the Old Road Gallery.
450 7th Ave NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
The hotel is located in the heart of St. Petersburgthe wine, an elegant golf resort with unique on-site events that make every stay worthwhile. Enjoy daily happy hour, Mediterranean dining experiences and engaging performances at the Mahaffey Theatre.
Couples who love nature and fresh air shouldn't miss a tour of the Sunken Gardens, home to St. Petersburg's best ancient tropical plants.
Das Ritz Carlton Amelia Island
4750 Amelia Island Pkwy, Isla Amelia, FL 32034
O Ritz Carlton em Amelia Islandsits on 1.5 miles of pristine beach, easily accessible from one of the resort's luxurious private cabanas. A dream wedding destination, The Ritz Carlton offers other unique romantic experiences such as horseback riding, couples spa treatments, surfing lessons and a day with a professional photographer. You can even get a massage in hammocks (the perfect sunset activity) or play golf on the 18-hole championship course.
For those who venture to the rest of Amelia Island, don't miss the beautiful sunsets along Walker's Landing, the Twilight River Cruise and beach horseback rides for you and your loved one.
1 S Condado Road, Palm Beach, FL 33480
the breakersPalm Beach has been a quirky Florida staple since the late 1890s, complete with a 25-room hotel-within-a-hotel for absolute exclusivity. The Medici-style luxury resort offers Tesla car service, a private lounge, a rooftop bar and dozens of amenities for couples.
Sporty couples can go paddleboarding, snorkeling and surfing, while foodies can feast on delicious dishes at Breaker Steakhouse, an Italian restaurant and fish bar.
Marine life lovers will love exploring the rest of Palm Beach's natural attractions, including the Palm Beach Zoo and Conservation Society and the Loggerhead Sea Life Center.
Acqualina Resort & Residences
17875 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
Book a room inAcqualina Resort and Residencesif you love Miami Beach nightlife! The complex is just ten miles from South Beach and close to some of the city's best attractions.
The Royal Spa Suite features a romantic tropical shower and adults-only pool. End the evening with a delicious Italian meal at Il Mulino, where you can enjoy views from one of the beautiful terraces and choose from an impressive selection of wines.
Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa
3500 Ocean Drive, Vero Beach, FL 32963
With charming tropical themed rooms and private balconies, theKimpton Vero Beach Hotel e SpaIt's the perfect romantic getaway for nature-loving couples looking to get away from it all. Close to Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park on Florida's east coast and McKee Botanical Gardens, the Kimpton offers romantic walks on what feels like a remote island.
The island also has its fair share of art galleries, including the Vero Beach Museum of Art.
Boca Raton Beach Club
900 S Ocean Dr, Boca Raton, FL 33432
If you like oceanfront pools, modern rooms with soaking tubs, and terraces with stunning views, book a suite below.Boca Raton Beach Club. Located on a private peninsula in Palm Beach, Boca Raton offers a sophisticated atmosphere. It also offers great dining experiences like Marisol for Greek cuisine and cocktails and Japanese Bocce Club for authentic sushi.
Need a break from the water? There are other ways to spend time in the Boca Raton sun, like playing on the 18-hole golf course or playing rally on one of the 16 tennis courts.
As you explore the rest of Boca Raton, don't miss live music at The Funky Biscuit, a go-kart ride at Xtreme Action Park, and a game or two at SilverBall Retro Arcade.
500 Channelside Dr, Tampa, FL 33602
Along Channelside Drive in the Water Street neighborhood,Die Tampa-Editionis the premier five-star hotel in Tampa Bay. It also houses a social lobby, rooftop bar, spa and gym.
The Tampa Edition features seven bars and restaurants led by Michelin Award-winning chef John Fraser, known for helming some of the best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in the country.
Pet-loving couples will be pleased to know that all 172 rooms at The Tampa Edition are pet-friendly!
1118 Fleming Street, Key West, FL 33040
alexander's pensionIt is one of the few LGBTQ shelters in Florida that has a particularly safe location for community members. The charming three-story home is a Key West Conch restored with tropical accents and elegant fixtures.
The inn offers a swimming pool, spa and complimentary tropical breakfast with delicious juices, breads, cereals and homemade cakes. It is also in the heart of the Old Town historic district, just steps away from Key West's local shops and restaurants.
the big complex
539 North Birch Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Looking for the perfect Florida getaway for men? Book a room belowthe big complex! Located just steps from the beach, the Grand Resort is filled with water activities. It also offers a full-service spa, complimentary continental breakfast and large, spacious rooms.
When it comes to LGBTQ lodging in Florida, you can't get more praise than The Grand Resort. This humble, men-only property has received awards such as TripSavvy's Editor's Choice for Best Gay-Friendly Hotel, SFGN's Best Celebrity Choice Lodge and TripAdvisor Hall of Fame Certificate of Excellence.
Destinations for Romantic Scenes in Florida
Florida's beaches are filled with some of the most famous five-star restaurants in the country, so you won't run out of options. Florida cuisine is very diverse, ranging from seafood to Hispanic-influenced dishes. If you want to take that special someone on a food adventure, be sure to add these LGBTQ restaurants to your itinerary.
10100 Dream Tree Boulevard, Lago Buena Vista, FL 32836
capacityis a Michelin-starred rooftop steakhouse featuring expertly grilled dishes and fresh Florida seafood sure to satisfy the most discerning of palates. Named a 2016 list of the Top 100 Wine Restaurants in the US by Wine Enthusiast, Capa will not disappoint wine fans.
With a stunning open terrace, Capa is the perfect spot for couples to share a dish and a drink while enjoying the nightly fireworks display.
better than sex
1905 N Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32804
better than sexIt's a perfect speakeasy dessert place to start your romantic evening. Pair delicious chocolates and cakes with caramel-covered wines and signature cocktails for a sensual dining experience like no other.
Known for reinventing the concept of intimate dining, Better Than Sex offers privacy-curtained dining booths and even has a Friends with Benefits loyalty program.
Enzo I see
1130 S US Highway 17 92, Longwood, FL 32750
Enzo is in the lakeis a family-owned Italian restaurant that has ranked number one as Florida's Best Italian Dining Experience since the 1980s. It's the perfect spot for couples to enjoy a delicious glass of wine with fresh pasta, prime rib and soup.
In addition, newlyweds can choose Enzo's function rooms. Il Dolce Angolo is a quaint and elegant venue that can accommodate up to 30 guests, while the Lake Patio offers stunning sea views, a great setting for newlyweds to share their vows.
The Sea of Gaston Aquarius
500 Brickell Key Dr, Miami, FL 33131
Miami is home to some of the best South American and Latin American cuisine in the state, so fans of these impeccably delicious culinary options shouldn't skimp.The Sea by Gaston Acurio. Guests have stunning views of the Miami skyline while enjoying authentic Peruvian and fusion dishes.
Sal no Ritz Carlton
4750 Amelia Island Pkwy, Playa Fernandina, FL 32034
Simple, impeccable and elegant,Hang out at the Ritz-CarltonIt is one of the most popular and intimate restaurants for couples. As the name suggests, Salt uses over 40 unique salts in famous dishes such as filet of lamb, snapper ceviche and foie gras terrine.
Couples can experience action-packed cuisine up close through Salt's exclusive Dine with Chef experience.
Gianni in der Versace-Villa
1116 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139
von Gianniis Florida's finest dining experience and is located in the former Versace mansion. Enjoy the taste of delicious Italian-Mediterranean dishes by the pool and enjoy a beautiful view of the stars. You'll never run out of aphrodisiac raw oysters - Kusshi Oysters are a fan favorite!
Romantic Activities for Couples in Florida
To go to the beach
Florida is known for its beautiful beaches, which you will find everywhere. Not to mention, most of Florida's most luxurious hotels have direct access to the beach, perfect for dining and drinking on the sand.
If you are planning romantic getaways in Florida, these beaches are on your list of places to visit:
- Sao Jorge Island:Saint George Island borders the Florida Panhandle and is relatively remote and far from the city center. For the best seafood Florida has to offer, head to the acclaimed Paddy's Raw Bar. You will also have a beautiful view of the Saint George Island Lighthouse, a part of Florida history!
- Mark Island:Nestled between the Everglades National Park and the Ten Thousand Islands National Wildlife Refuge, Marco Island is more than just a beautiful beach. It's also great for birding, fishing, scuba diving or just strolling along a beautiful off the beaten track trail. Book a guided airboat tour of each national park for unforgettable views of birds and alligators.
- Fort Lauderdale:Fort Lauderdale is home to some of the best beaches in Florida. Bike rides along the stunning canals are available, and once you've worked up an appetite, head to the fresh seafood restaurants along the pier. End your day at one of the area's acclaimed accommodations, including the Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach, Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy.
- Passe-a-Grill:Picturesque, charismatic and perfect for boating, Pass-a-Grille strikes the perfect balance between densely populated and secluded. There are so many ways to enjoy Florida's stunning sunsets: by bike, on a sailboat or on foot along white sand beaches. If you and your partner are into shell collecting, there are dozens of species to photograph on Shell Key.
Relax at a spa
Spas abound in Florida, but did you know that gay-only spas abound too? Sure, your private island resort probably has a regular spa, but gay spas and baths take your romantic connection to another level. Immerse yourself with your partner at one of these Florida spa destinations:
- O Cabana Gay Spa e Guesthouse:Located in the parish of Wilton Manors, TheCabana Gay Spa and InnIt has ultra-large hot tubs and stunning pools. Not to mention, you're steps away from some of Fort Lauderdale's best nightclubs.
- O Spa do Mandarin Oriental:Couples looking to connect through spiritual experiences will enjoy traditional Chinese, Thai and Balinese healing sessions at the spaoriental tangerine. Immerse yourself in the scent of sandalwood, recline in the sculpted armchairs and take in the spectacular views of Florida's Gulf Coast through your floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Balneario Waldorf Astoria Orlando:It provides some Arabic flairWaldorf-Astoria-Spait is adorned with Moroccan details. Complete your soak in the hot tub, then indulge in a luxurious caviar facial.
take romantic walks
Animal-loving couples will be pleased to know that Florida is full of outdoor adventures. In addition to the world-famous Everglades, you and your partner should also visit the following natural sites:
- Eola-See:Eola Park is a nature park that offers wonderful opportunities for fun in the sun.Picnics, romantic walks, professional and motion photography. Located on East Washington Street, this 23-acre park features an amphitheater, fountain and Chinese pagoda.
- Primavera Azul State Park:Spread across 2,600 acres, Blue Spring State Park features pristine waters where visitors often kayak and observe its animal residents. Be sure to bring a waterproof camera to snap photos of the West Indian manatees that call this park home.
- Toho-See:Lake Toho is a 23,000-acre fishing lake perfect for fishing couples looking to practice their rods. Home to alligators, turtles and water snakes. Lake Taho offers exciting opportunities for animal lovers who want to get up close and personal with Florida's wildlife.
- Ocala Nationalforst:This 383,000-hectare natural landscape is the largest protected national forest. With over 600 lakes, springs and rivers, there's plenty to explore for couples in love outdoors. Choose from cycling, horseback riding, diving, snorkeling or water sports.
- Reserva Natural Tibet-Butler:Bird lovers who aren't afraid of a slightly more challenging hike will love the Tibet-Butler Nature Reserve. The well-maintained trails feature various natural habitats including swamps, lakes and pine forests. You'll also see rare birds like the solitary sandpiper and painted flag.
- Crystal Flow:The warm waters of Crystal River Gulf are the only place in Florida where you can swim with manatees! These gentle giants love to snuggle up to tourists. Enjoy other romantic bonding experiences like hiking through pristine forests, diving for scallops and exploring the parks.
attend a cooking class
If you and your loved one share an undying love of food, you'll find plenty of couples cooking classes in all aspects of the kitchen.
You can get your fair share of tasty cooking classes or opt for something sweeter like cakes or pies. Because of Florida's culinary history, you'll also find couples cooking classes featuring all types of cuisine, from Mexican to French.
Delight your partner with personalized cooking classes at Golden Plum Personal Chef Service, Publix Apron's Cooking School, Sofelle Cake Artistry and Breaking Bread, among others.
go watch a show
Florida has no shortage of concerts, plays, concerts and musicals, so theater enthusiasts will have no problem choosing a place for a date night.
For comedy lovers, the Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show in Orlando is a must. Do you prefer something sexier? Ideal for daring couples, Magic Mike Live never disappoints! Otherwise, you can get your fair share of sexy magic shows like Maximum Magic Show, starring Noah and Heather Wells, and IN/Magic Show by illusionist Todd Sinelli.
create something together
If you're looking to add an artistic flair to your romantic Florida getaway, consider these places to bring out your inner artists and those of your loved ones:
- paint with a touch:Enjoy a fun evening while creating a work of art with the teacher's help. Painting with a twist also allows couples to bring their own drinks to enjoy while painting. Beer or wine, it's sure to be an unforgettable night!
- super big cool pottery:If painting on canvas isn't your thing, why not take your date to a pottery class? Super Awesome Cool Pottery invites lovers to learn how to throw a bowl and paint them!
- board and brush:Create a truly unique piece of wood art. With just a little guidance, you'll be making something special that you'll be proud to hang on your walls. Create lasting memories at one of their custom wood sign shops.
- Glass House Florida:create a unique work of art while connecting and having a fun experience. From a romantic memory to the perfect first impression, glassblowing classes at the Florida Glass House in Fort Lauderdale will create an unforgettable memory!
- the launching of candles:This personalized candle making experience is the perfect date night. Couples choose from 100 fragrance oils to create their favorite scents.
the end result
When it comes to romantic Florida getaways, there are plenty of options for you and your significant other to choose from. Meetpraiaclose to the city center or book a private beach club away from the noise. Not to mention Florida's dense LGBTQ population means queer couples always get their fill!
Discover more romantic destinations fromclicking here.
**Disclaimer: There is a good chance this post contains affiliate or sponsor links. If you buy through them, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you (which we are very grateful for).
While we do our best to highlight LGBTQ-friendly destinations and businesses, the information provided is based solely on personal experiences and recommendations from community partners. We hope that no one will experience discrimination or homophobia when visiting Florida, but we make no guarantees. Let us know if you experience discrimination or homophobia when visiting a destination so we can update our recommendations.